Thursday, December 03, 2009

Two day countdown: What do I wear!?

It's the two day countdown to our big anniversary party this Saturday night at the Takara Sake Factory, and the question of the week is: 'Ohmagawd. What do I weeear?' I know - it's tough. We dog people tend to have an impressive array of well worn cargo pants and dog tees for daily adventures in the out of doors, but dressing up for a real night out is like, work.

Not to pressure, but if the party gods cooperate like they did with 07's Tuff Love show, you just may end up in SFGate's society page, flanked by Jonny Justice in your fancy duds. ("Hey mom - lookit me!") We may not recognize you outside of your muddy shoes - but all the better. Half the fun of dress up nights is marveling at what we all look like outside of our daytime uniforms. It can be shocking.

Anything black usually works, especially if it comes along with a sexy pair of heels and some jewelry you never get to wear. And might I suggest? If you have tats, dress scantily on Saturday night to show them off especially if your dog is the subject of your prized ink. Don't worry about overdoing it - Thee Merry Widows will make sure that you feel underdressed. They're our uber-role models for a fun night out...

Photo credit: Angst-im-wald

The night of. The conversation and the sake will be flowing starting at 6pm. Our sake servers will present you with several styles of sake, and will want to make sure you know a little bit about each one. They'll be taking their breaks when Thee Merry Widows turn on their amps (at 8ish), so make sure and come early if you want the best of both parts of the party.

Bring your checkbooks! Sake makes a great Christmas gift, and to help support BR, of course you'll want to shop our photos for an image, or get a paw-to-graphed copy of SI for your pit bull altar at home. Once your magic carriage turns into a pumpkin, you'll want something to remember your fun night out with the best dressed dog nerds around.

Don't get lost. Takara is just off of University exit and two blocks south of the fourth street shopping mecca. Plan for street parking, which includes overflow underneath University Ave. If you prefer a real live parking lot, you'll find one across from Spengers Fish Grotto on 4th Street.

Get a key. Out of towners may still find a room in Berkeley or thereabouts. And let us know if we can direct you to some after party fun. After all, who knows how long it'll be before you leave your dog duds at home again?

See you soon! More Party Deets Here

13 comments:

One voice counts said...

Whoh NELLIE! Love visual of scantily clad dames showing tats. Waaah. Wish could be there. Will keep a look out for pics. We are all thinking about you. And the barn. And SIMON and SALLY and MARCEL and TUG. And gods know how many other guys with you now.

Dianne said...

I will break out my temporary tat collection and be thinking of you. (Y'all) I also will be watching for pix. Any way for us homebodies to purchase photos? I'd love a good one of Hector.

who wouda thunk it?? said...

I SOOOO wish I could be there!

Susan Cava Ruimy said...

Definitely there in spirit... cheers from NYC.

ingrid said...

Oh I would just love to go! Just a bit far for me though being that I'm East Coast.

And thanks for the great article on old dogs. I love old dogs! I do feel cheated that my Indiana pitgirl didn't get to go into old age. She was a super vibrant young age of 10 when cancer ended her life. I had such wonderful plans for her "retirement" years.

But yes, old dogs are like a separate breed altogether.

Mike Sweeney said...

I'm with NYCKitten - There in spirit!! Toast from Minnesota on a great influential Decade!!

Donna said...

Thanks guys! A toast to everyone!

Ruth Moser in Real Estate said...

Your work with these lovely dogs is fabulous. I live in Hudson, NY and follow your activities closely. Merry & Happy days for all concerned
Ruth Moser

Anonymous said...

Damn my Florida address!

jonzak said...

"Go BadRap! It's your birthday! Go BadRap! It's your birthday!"

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary BAD RAP! Thanks for all you do for the pit bulls. And their owners. Cheers!

Ken Foster said...

How was the party? Or, maybe I should ask how many days it will be before you can make your way back to the blog?

Wish I'd been there. Annie too!

leigha said...

wish i could have been there. but being in richmond va it would have been way too far to travel. lookin forward to hearing all about it on here though.